Learn Smart – COVID-19 Update
In this time of uncertainty and change, the health and safety of Learn Smart families and team members remains our highest priority.
We understand that information, kindness and support are currently essential in keeping all children, families and teams feeling reassured. Below, you’ll find a number of resources to help at this time.
This is an ever-evolving situation, and Learn Smart is dedicated to updating our network with the latest advice. To find all updates related to our centres, along with further details on how to protect your family from illness, and more information for support at this time.
Free child care for all our enrolled families, effective Monday 6 April
Families can keep their bookings in place for free, even if your child is temporarily not currently attending your centre. This allows parents to hold their child’s place until the family is ready to re-commence care. This applies to all enrolled families regardless if they are eligible for the child care subsidy (CCS) or not.
According to the Prime Minister, parents who have terminated enrolment are encouraged to get back in contact with their centre and re-start their arrangements. Re-starting will hold your place for when you are ready to return your child to their centre, and won’t require you to pay a gap fee.
Previous or existing families that would like to re-instate their bookings or increase their days please contact your Centre Manager.
How will my child be protected in centre?
Safe, healthy, learning
We know that children are well served by continuing with their usual routines at times of uncertainty and stress but that many parents are concerned about their child’s health and well-being due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Some of the things we are doing to keep children and educators safe within our centres include:
- Our centres have very well practised infection control procedures and our teams have the training to ensure good hygiene is occurring on our watch.
- Our centres are cleaned daily with hospital grade cleaning products and in the right way.
- We are strictly enforcing rigorous exclusion policies for children and staff in all our centres in line with advice from the public health authorities. At times we’ve gone higher than public health requirements because we know the health risks in our centres.
- We’re banning all, but essential visitors and we’ve put a stop to excursions, and enforcing social distancing by adults in line with Government guidelines. We’re using our extensive educational expertise to implement social distancing practices for children as well.
- If children are sick, please keep them home. If educators are sick, we will send them home.
Key initiatives have also been introduced, including strong hygiene measures, hand washing remains the best defence against the spread of illnesses and all staff and children are implementing this within the centre.
Learn Smart is consistently monitoring the advice from state and federal authorities and follows the all required and preventative measures stipulated to prevent the spread of COVID 19.
If you have specific questions relating to individual situations, please contact the relevant state or territory public health agency:
- ACT call 02 5124 9213
- NSW call 1300 066 055
- QLD call 13HEALTH(13 43 25 84)
- SA call 1300 232 272
- VIC call 1300 651 160
- WA visit wa.gov.auor call your local public health unit
If you have a child currently enrolled at a Learn Smart centre, your Centre Manager is your best contact for up-to-date information and answers to any centre-specific questions.