Childcare Subsidy & Government Assistance

If your child is attending Learn Smart Early Learning Centres, your family may be eligible to apply for government assistance with Centrelink such as the Child Care Subsidy (CCS).  

To check your eligibility or to apply for the Child Care Subsidy click here 

When you apply for the Childcare Subsidy, your activity hours and household income will be assessed by the Family Assistance Office (FAO). The FAO will determine the number of hours your family is entitled to receive CCS for and the percentage to calculate fees. All families receiving CCS from Centrelink will still need to pay a GAP fee. The GAP fee is the out of pocket expense that you will pay to the childcare centre. Should you have any queries, please contact the Family Assistance Office on 13 61 50.

Important Details

The FAO allows 42 days of absence per child per year. Included in the 42 days are public holidays and any other day your child is registered as absent. After that time, the family will need to provide a medical certificate from their medical practitioner to our childcare staff. It will be up to the centre whether or not to claim this absence as an acceptable one.

Families are not entitled to claim the Centre link Childcare Subsidy before they commence care or after they cease care. If your child is absent in the last week of the termination of care notice period, they will not be entitled to the rebate for that time. Parents will be expected to pay full fees during this period.

Contact us at your earliest convenience to learn more about the childcare subsidy and get advice on how to apply for the Childcare Subsidy.

Click on Book a Tour to explore more!

Acknowledgement of Country

“Learn Smart Early Learning Centre respectfully acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land on which our Centre is built, their spirits, ancestors, elders, and community members past and present”. 

© 2024 – Learn Smart Early Learning Centres Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.

Web Design by: Go Click On