COVID - 19 | Message from Learn Smart Early Learning Centres - Read More.



Do I still need to pay on public holidays and when my child is unwell and is away from care?

Yes, all booked days must be paid for. The FAO allows 42 days of absences per child per year. Included in the 42 days are public holidays and any other day your child is absent. After that time, the family will need to provide a medical certificate from their medical practitioner. It will be up to the centre whether to claim this absence as an allowable absence.

My child will be going on holidays do I still pay the full fee during this time?

If you are planning holidays, a holiday application form is available from the office. This form must be filled out two weeks prior to the first day of leave to receive half price fees. Half price fees are for up to four weeks per financial year.

What If my child/ children are sick?

To ensure the health and wellbeing of all children and staff at the centre, children who are ill or suffering from an infectious disease must be isolated from other children and therefore excluded from Child Care for specific periods of time. If a staff member suspects a child is suffering from an infectious illness, the parent will be contacted and asked to collect the child. A clearance letter will be required from your medical practitioner to notify that the child is well enough to return to care.